Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hi everyone!

Hi blogging world! I'm relatively new to this world, having followed only a few blogs and let alone writing one.  But I thought I'd give this a shot. What I want this blog to be is a space where I can share my experiences working in Shanghai, China as an ESL teacher and all the crazy, silly, sad and funny things that happen at work and in this crazy city.

So heres a break down of the basic info about my life:

The City: Shanghai
So here I am on the 100th floor of the World Financial tower in Shanghai.
My boyfriend and I came to Shanghai almost randomly. We met in Korea and were looking to spend some more time in Asia and Shanghai had opportunities for both of us. When we first moved here I had really mixed feelings about the city. No doubt about it, Shanghai is a big culture shock coming from the west. But two years later, we've acclimated quite well and I love Shanghai and all it has to offer!

The Job: ESL Teacher at Shanghai Angel's (Korean) Kindergarten
Love my job! I work with kids ages 4 and 5 (Korean age 5 and 6). I teach five different classes ranging from 6-13 kids, so small and cozy. In Korean schools kids call all teachers, SunSangNim or "Teacher", so this was translated into my name at school, "YeaEun Teacher".

So a quick intro to what my blogging aims are :) 

I would love you read other blogs about teaching English abroad. Are you doing the same thing? 

I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts, feelings and ideas with ya'll! 

No comments: